Friday, August 26, 2011

Day Nine of Vacation 2011: Stanley Park and Home

August 8 continued
   After visiting the Vancouver art museum we took a stroll through Stanley Park along the seawall.  There were a lot of people walking or riding bikes, and the seawall had a lovely view of the ocean, and a stretch of green with yellow flowers on the other side.  My family hopped down onto the sand beside the sea wall for a bit.  There was a man throwing a ball for his dog to receive from the water, and bits of broken shell all along the beach.
   We left the park to go for lunch at Aphrodite's, one of Ginny's favorite restaurants, then Gin and I walked down 4th street to look in shops.  I didn't find anything I wanted, but Ginny got a cool jar and some plates. When we returned to the B&B, we put swimsuits on and the four of us walked to the Kitsilano saltwater pool.  It was a pleasant temperature out (though all the Vancouverites think this is a heat wave!)  There's an amazing view of the mountains from the pool, and swimming was quite refreshing.
   Mom, Dad, and I went to Indian food for dinner at the same place that we had dinner the night before, and the staff recognized us.  They laughed :)





   I said goodbye to Marmalade, the friendly cat who adopted us.  He's sweet but I really miss our kitties.  I'm glad to be going home.
***
This concludes the "Vacation 2011" portion of my blog.  I'm not sure how the blog will evolve from here, but I hope to continue postings.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment