Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day Seven of Vacation 2011: Fireworks


August 6 continued
   We walked to Sophie's diner for dinner, one of Ginny's old haunts, then in the evening Mom, Dad, and I went down to the beach to watch some fireworks.  We sat on a bench, watching the sun sink behind the hills, turning the sky orange and purple.  There were tons of people out to see the fireworks, people of all ages and ethnicities, laughing, walking, riding bikes.  The water was crowded with boats readying for the show, and I found myself fascinated with all the activities.  It was the ultimate spot for people-watching.  With my old camera I'd always take close-up nature shots, pristine landscapes undisturbed by human presence (Ansel Adams style).  Now, however, I find myself drawn to the human element.  Portraits and people in nature interest me -- I like to see how people reflect and interact with their environment.
   Before and after the fireworks I took lots of photos of the crowd.  The fireworks themselves were different than any I've seen in America.  They were lower in the sky, some seemed to be directly over the water, and they made interesting sparkles and shapes.  We walked back to our B&B after the show (around 10:30)







No comments:

Post a Comment