Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day Six of Vacation 2011: Sandsculptures and the Ocean


August 5 continued

After the fun of the mystery (Dad was the murderer!) we explored the garden for a bit, then drove to a beach in Parksville where there were giant sand-sculptures.  There was a band playing some really upbeat music that could be heard all across the beach, and I danced down to the waterline.  We waded into the water -- shallow for up to a mile out, and warmer than your average swimming pool -- and with a whoop I dunked my shorts, swimming past my belly-button.  We were all laughing and smiling and enjoying the light of the day -- it was, as Aunt Caity phrased it, "the perfect bubble of happiness."







   I would definitely return here and stay for much longer.  Spend a week at the beach, a week on the farm, a week roaming around.  I want to play with Apallo again, pick raspberries and swim in the ocean.  Next summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment